Get To Know Your Maple Syrup:
The Health Benefits of Native Harvest’s Natural Maple Syrup
- According to the University of Rhode Island, Researchers have discovered 34 new beneficial compounds in pure maple syrup and confirmed that 20 compounds discovered in preliminary research that play a key role in human health. Maple syrup contains antioxidants that act as anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory agents, according to laboratory studies.
- Maple syrup also contains important minerals including manganese, riboflavin, and zinc, calcium, phosphorus, iron, sodium, and potassium.
- It is one of the lowest calorie natural sweeteners at approximately 54 calories per tablespoon. In comparison, that’s only 216 calories in each one-fourth cup compared to other natural sweeteners!
- Maple syrup has a lower glycemic index than many other sugars and modified sugars. The glycemic index measures how quickly a certain food raises blood sugar levels.
- Vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, and B6 are found in maple syrup.
- Maple syrup has antiseptic properties and may help fight disease while naturally enhancing the effectiveness of antibiotics. In studies, phenolic-rich extracts made infection-causing bacteria more susceptible to antibiotics.
Purchase Native Harvest’s natural Maple Sugar, and make your life a little sweeter!